Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Becoming Beautiful

This past weekend, I had the honor and pleasure of attending City Centre Church's annual women's retreat. I attended last year, when Annie was 3 weeks old. Let me tell you, this year was a lovely breath of fresh air. It was a gift, truly, to spend 2 days with incredible women, friends and mothers. It was like youth group all over again... 7 ladies that I grew up with and have known since birth were alongside me. And some newer friends too. It simply was a fabulous time. The theme of the retreat was 'Becoming Beautiful' and the speaker's messages focused on renewing our minds as well as the power (and importance) of prayer. It was so refreshing to relax, cry, laugh, listen, pray, sing, eat, read and just 'be'. I learned so much... about myself, my friends and what it is I want in this life. And how to get it. I came home feeling rested (well, not physically as we had late nights full of hot tubs and snacks) and ready to love my husband, my kids and myself in new ways with new passion. I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment