Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Race Season!

I've never been in a race before. Ever. And from what I hear, the atmosphere is addictive. I cannot wait to experience that adrenaline, anxiety, excitement and competitiveness this upcoming race season (however, I don't really believe I am competitive, but Cam says otherwise). And, I get to experience it 5 times! Holy Smokes... I may have bitten off more than I can chew here folks but this reality makes me so incredibly thrilled for my Spring/Summer to begin!

June 1st - Spring Sprint: This race is more of a celebration than a competition. I am joining forces with one of my most dearest friends in this race that raises attention for The Brain Tumor Association of Canada. She is a survivor and I am honored to walk alongside her in support of "The A-Team".

June 15th - Walk Run Ride for Hope: This race raises funds for "The Village of Hope" in Harare, Zimbabwe. Our church, North Pointe, supports this village through prayers, finances and outreach. I participated last year in the 5 km walk but this year, I am challenging myself with the 10km run!

June 29th - Spartan Sprint: This is a 5km obstacle course race. So pumped!

July 6th - Color Me Rad: Funds raised in this race will go directly to the Stollery Children's Hopsital. Enough said. Another close, dear friend of mine asked me to participate alongside her and what could I say? It looks like SO MUCH FUN! Check out this video. Watching this clip made me salivate.

September 7th - Spartan Super: This is the big one folks! 14km obstacle course race... my big challenge of the season! Yikes! But honestly, I am SO dang excited, I can hardly stand it.

And there you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Can't wait to read the posts to follow each one that you complete!

    ReplyDelete