Saturday, October 5, 2013

In Honor of Kristen...





My strong, courageous, beautiful and faith-filled friend, Kristen, past away this past Friday morning. She lost her battle with cancer... one that took her body but not her soul. Kristen was a charismatic, funny, caring, talented woman who was both an amazing mother and wife. Her life has not been lost in vain... I have no doubt that her story has changed the lives of many, many people. Kristen had unwavering faith, something that has inspired me in my own relationship with Jesus. Despite this battle... and fight she did, she never let go of Jesus. She held on tight to his promises and believed for her healing. She is healed and singing in the presence of Jesus in heaven. I believe that with my entire heart. She is restored and more beautiful than ever. Kristen was a very talented singer... she had a voice so pure and beautiful that it rendered me speechless many times over. I have such a clear picture in my head of her singing with the angels, laughing and running through the streets of heaven. She will be deeply, deeply missed. It's hard to believe she's gone... I have known her for my entire life. Many, MANY of my childhood memories involve Kristen... breaking her parents decorations, having sleepovers with lots of chocolate, swinging in the park while singing songs from Sister Act 2, falling asleep on the beach and waking up completely sunburnt, dancing in my basement to "it's a kodak moment" and then smacking my head so hard it bled... and Kristen laughed, playing hide and go seek, the Singing Christmas Tree at church, endless youth events... and the list goes on. We've shared our weddings, the birth of our children, and so many of life's monumental moments. Kristen was a fixture in my life... a lifelong friend that I knew I could count on at any given moment. I have cried so many tears and have found myself in a fog... but the words that have brought me such comfort came from my beautiful daughter, Isla... "Mommy, don't be sad. We have many happy memories of Aunty Kristen. You'll never forget her". It's true... I have endless wonderful memories of Kristen... of who she was, what she believed in and the legacy she has left behind. Heaven just got lucky... Knowing she is in a better place, a place that is home to her doesn't take away the pain but it provides hope. My thoughts and prayers will always be with Mike, her 3 beautiful boys and the rest of her family. The hope we have in Jesus is powerful and it will sustain.




1 comment:

  1. Jill, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Even though I didn't have the pleasure of knowing her, know that she and her husband and their boys will be in my prayers. Take comfort in the fact that she is having an awesome time in Heaven, and that you'll see her again one day. In the meantime, praise God for the wonderful time you spent with her here and the memories you hold close. XOXO

    ReplyDelete